Reminder, we occasionally eat eggs. They come from the most humane, happy, vegetarian, free roaming, organic hens you’ve ever met. When we first decided to add eggs back into our diet, we got dangerously close to living out the Portlandia skit where they leave brunch to go visit the farm to meet the farmers who raised the chicken they wanted to order. It’s pretty funny if you haven’t seen it.
- Trader Joes Roasted Potatoes with Peppers and Onions
- Scrambled Eggs with salt and pepper
- Pickled peppers
- Black Beans
- HOT SAUCE**
- Flour tortillas (not corn)
- Wrap it all up and throw it in the panini press until it’s fused together
**2019 is Vern’s Year of the Burn. I’m actively working to up my heat tolerance and learn to like hot sauce. So far it’s going very well. I can eat the Taco Bell Fire sauce and not die. My face still sweats like a beast at anything hotter than ketchup, but I’m starting to enjoy the flavors through the tears.
- The panini press makes all the difference in the world. We have a teeny tiny kitchen that doesn’t fit many appliances, but this baby will always have a spot on the shelf.
- Obviously throw whatever leftovers you have in there. It’s very forgiving.
- The TJ’s roasted potatoes are amazing. Tons of flavor and really easy to heat up.
- We eat this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Burritos of all kinds are one of our go-to meals.